Thanx, karaziki, for your valuable comments. I like when my program serves to the people.
It is... RqMoney can solve nearly all pre-accounting needs of small (smetimes even mid) size companies.
I need more detailes about your requirement, because I don't use cheques (if I understand good).
To explain better, adding a payment type as "Cheque". It can be a debit or a credit. Like cash, sure you know. When cheque is selected, system can ask for 2 extra parameters.
a) The process date of cheque (the date given over cheque, when the cheque can return to money)
b) The number of cheque. Actually the number of cheque is not vital. But some companies are using it to follow easily.
Cheques can be added to the system like cash. The "X company" gave a cheque amount 1000 USD can be added directly to our account as cash. Or "our company" gave a cheque to X company can be subtract from our account directly. Like there is a date but not effecting the behaviour of transaction. Like just as an information ;)
Standart (not complicated as complex automations) usage of cheque is exactly like cash itself. Just you add date field (date on cheque, not the date of transaction). And the date will add to the calendar as date of cheque.
For example. X Person gave a cheque to us amount 1000 USD and with a date 1.1.2013. When we click on new transaction and select cheque as the payment type... We will enter the "date on the cheque", and we will submit that transaction. System will add it as a standart payment, like X person gave 1000 USD to us. And the system will add the date of cheque to the calendar as payment "information of amount and cheque owner".
Note: This is the most simple aproach to add cheque functionality. Exactly like cash. Only difference is an extra date field and adding this date to the calendar. To see who gave a cheque for which date with which amount.
Just for your information (I think not neccessary in RqMoney), advanced usage of it is;
* Adding the cheque of X person with date 1.1.2013 to the system with number of cheque, name of liable bank etc.
* The system take the cheque but not add it as a payment until 1.1.2013 and display it as waiting payments. Like not approved payments.
* The account balance of X person changed. The balance looks like paid 1000 USD but not verified.
* The account of our company didn't changed. Current cash amount is same but for future incomings there is 1000 USD waiting to add (like not aproved)
* In the day of cheque (1.1.2013), if the cheque is paid without any problem, you click on "paid" in list. After that the un-verified 1000 USD payment informatin on X persons account is removed. Like nothing left un-verified with him.
And the account of our company increases 1000 USD
Like that... But as I write on top, I dont think that this complicated approach is neccessary on RqMoney. Because it mixes up peoples mind. Why it is like that why not like that etc. Simple will be enough for advanced needs of a home or basic needs for a company
2. The Filter Section
a) filter for Description exists. Or do you like rather a choose a description from dropdown combobox?
b) filter hasn't a special button for canceling "all" filters. But there exists in program this function, you are claiming - just click to the main blue caption FILTER in the left top corner. ☺
a) Yes I was trying to mention dropdown combo box ;)
b) Ah yess, it is working but why not to add t to the help file. It is hard to discover.
3. General Ledger;
Perhaps I don't understand good, but (as you wrote) you can find account balance in the tab "Accounts status". Persons can not have a starting or final balance of account, just credits, debits or transfers. One account use many persons, therefore is impossible to assign account balance to some person only. Or am I wrong?
Ok let's start with 2 examples of need.
For a home budget user;
Alice and Bob is an awkward couple who doesn't trust each other :)
And lets accept that both bob and alice's account balance is "0" at the moment.
* Bob will fix the roof of the house and take 2000 USD from the bank account of the "home"
* Bob's personal account balance become "-2000" because he took money.
* Bob spent 1000 USD for the materials. When he wrote this expense for home as a transaction, his account balance become "-1000"
* After Bob spent 500 USD for workers, and when he add the trancastion of it as a payment for home, bob's account balance become "-500"
* Finally bob is looking like debt 500 USD from "home account" He can give it back and he can make his account balance "0" or he can just left it as it is "-500"
For a company need;
John Doe is in our marketing team and he is going to another city for selling our product
* John take avance "2000 USD" from company to use it in his travel
* John's account balance become "-2000" Because he took a money and since now there is no decleration of expenses
* John spent many on his trip. He spent 500 for gas, 400 for hotel, 300 for food, 150 for dinner with client and 150 for fixing car. Totally he spent 1500 USD
* When John turn back to company he gave invoices with total amount of 1500 USD. And his account balance become "-500"
* And then John gave 500 USD money back and after his account balance become "0"
Now we have a "clean john" turn back from his work and reset his balance :)
In summary, account balance is nothing more than aggregate (+) extraction (-) process. RqMoney already lists peoples credits debits and transfers with a mark - or +. Account balance is sum of all these. At least RqMoney already can follow personal ledgers, but not pratical to see. Only need is to make it pratic is, to put balance column near list like;
Ok I already know that when you click on persons name on this list it shows the balance. But when you want to see many people with one look. It will be like a feature of personel current / ledger with a colum. Sounds nice?
For a home user you can click one by one no matter. But for a small or mid company need beter to have a column
The reason I write that much is, I will not use it for home needs. I'm living in Morocco and consulting a bunch of companies in here. In despite of many developed country, Morocco is different in automations. Everybody in need of automations to follow their stock and accounting but, they want it extremly simple. In the other part, the boss of companies (even mid size) wants to be able to use it also. They just want me to find one and place it. And I was really in trouble to find one easy and straight until I find RqMoney. Now I'm in test but my time is limited nowadays. If I can adapt, probably I will use it in about 3 - 6 companies. And you can be sure that I will never try to manage 5 with one license. I'll make all of them pay seperately. It is a commercial usage and they must to pay for your efforts.
Thanks for your reply in advance